General

Spain: Paradise lost

beech writes in General

Did anyone else watch Spain: Paradise Lost last week? It was so sad. I really felt for the people involved - well most of them anyway...

Posted on: 29/06/2009 at 11:03

What was it about? I missed it. Where was it based, all over the country?

Posted on: 29/06/2009 at 22:54

It was based on the Costas. There was a couple who bought a bar in Benidorm, some others that were going to have their houses bulldozed, an estate that was half finished and a bit about the rich people down in Marbella.

I felt quite sad for the people. Especially the ones that didn't appear to have made rash decisions. Rather, they were a victim of circumstance and dodgy Spanish legislation.

Posted on: 01/07/2009 at 00:00

The half finished Urbanisation in La Zenia was the one that struck a cord with me as I used to live near there. When you drive through it the smell is appalling even when it's not raining. When the rain comes the raw sewage comes out of the drains into the street and runs away down onto the beech (which is actually a fair distance away).

Poor people.

Posted on: 01/07/2009 at 13:14

Was the half finished one the estate with the raw sewage running down the street and onto the beach when it rained?

I felt sooooo sorry for them too.

Posted on: 02/07/2009 at 11:57

To get that and any other UK progs, you can sign up to www.uknova.com

It may be a bit oversubscribed as it was when I signed up (eventually) but keep perservering with the login. All you need is a torrent client i.e www.bittorrent.com and away you go. Happy programme watching!

Posted on: 02/07/2009 at 21:59

Content Sponsor

CIGNA

Moving abroad? Get top quality international health insurance from CIGNA Global Health Options....
Find out more...

Moneycorp

If you need to send money overseas Moneycorp, the exchange experts, can help you make your money...
Find out more...

Bupa Global

This July, get a FREE quote for worldwide health cover for you and your family: 24 hour medical...
Find out more...

Become Member List your Business Blog For Us

Content Sponsor

CIGNA

Moving abroad? Get top quality international health insurance from CIGNA Global Health Options.... Find out more...

Moneycorp

If you need to send money overseas Moneycorp, the exchange experts, can help you make your money... Find out more...

Bupa Global

This July, get a FREE quote for worldwide health cover for you and your family: 24 hour medical... Find out more...

Essentials

Emergency Numbers in Madrid

Find out vital information on who to call and what to do in an emergency...

Read More...

Featured Business

Aladria Home - Real Estate Consulting

Real Estate experts: All services: investment, acquisition, renovation, etc. Villas,... Read more...

Little Acorns

British Nursery School in La Moraleja for children 12 months to 5-6 years. Follows Early Years'... Read more...

Mobile Site